Wednesday 20 January 2016

Some random quick hits and thoughts for the mid week.

Sitting here on this Wednesday morning still pondering the loss of classic rockers lately.  It’s very strange to see so many historically significant and influential artists gone in such a short time frame for sure. The music will live on but they will be missed.  I am getting to the point where I am afraid to check my Twitter account in fear of seeing more bad news! Again, to all those who have recently left us, Rest in Peace and may the music you made bring joy to many for many years to come.

Still been playing the All a Man Should Do album by southern rockers Lucero.  Again, they are new to me, so if you have one of their other records to recommend to me please do.  And if anyone has seen them live would love to hear about that too. If I get some time I may do a detailed review of the album.

However, last night I went on a long stroll and decided to play a little of one of the newest members to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, Cheap Trick.  I went with the Authorized Greatest Hits compilation. They really are just a straight up kick ass rock band.

Back when I was blogging a few years ago there were several blogs I loved to read and follow.  I have noticed many of them have ceased to be updated like mine did for a very long time.  I would love to know if anyone knows the whereabouts of the writes of the following:

Mr. Mike’s Media Maddness
Layla’s Classic Rock blog.
Good Rockin Tonight

Their blogs are listed to the right but are not being updated.  If any of them are writing something else or are just out there reading blogs let me know.  Hey if you happen to be reading, I loved reading your blogs and would love to hear from you again.

I don’t get excited about much on T.V. anymore but I am anticipating the new X Files series coming on this coming Sunday.  Last weekend I saw the new Star Wars which took me back to my childhood. Now I am looking forward to a show I was a big fan of in my twenties (dating myself).  I guess retro themed programming is the way to go. 

That’s it for now.  As we slide into the weekend from here my schedule looks pretty good.  Maybe get to try out my new snow shoes, take in a movie, watch the X Files and hopefully tend to this blog.  I want to get something up on the latest self titled release from Def Leppard.  Middle age mayhem will ensue. 


Enjoy the rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment