Monday 20 June 2011

RIP Clarence Clemons



The world of music lost Clarence Clemons from the E-Street Band last weekend.  I am sure anyone who has spent time watching any of the Bruce Springsteen videos he appeared in or any live footage has images of Clemons burned in their memory.  He certainly appeared to have a larger than life stage presence.  He always had a smile on his face had and always seemed to be enjoying his work immensely.

I make reference to videos and live footage because I have never seen the band, or the man, perform live.  I have mental list of acts I want to work through seeing and Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street band are near the top.  Sadly if that happens now, there will be a large void not to be filled.  In fact, it will not feel quite the same.

There are many tributes pouring in from musicians from different genres and so there should be.  I came across this obscure track today from a 1999 Alice Cooper tribute album.  It features Def Leppard’s Joe Elliot on vocals and of course Clarence Clemmons on the sax.

Condolences to his fellow band mates, family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment