Sunday 5 June 2011

Some things to look forward to...

Over the past two years life has been crazy for me.  So crazy that I got away from doing this (blogging) and other simple pleasures that I normally enjoy.  My whole life I considered myself someone who was “in the know” on all things rock.  I followed religiously and passionately.  Then I got away from it all, not because I wanted to, just because circumstances forced me to.  Point being, things have now levelled off for me and I am again reading, listening, taking note of the rock world and enjoying resurrecting this blog once again.  So….if you (former reader) are reading again or are a new reader and have anything to recommend that I may have missed the last couple of years please let me know.  Having said that…here are couple things I am looking forward to and will be discussing in more detail right here soon.



If you read my first incarnation of this blog, which I now refer to as The (Original) Rock Brigade Blog, you will know of my affection for Def Leppard.  During my formable years ‘the Leps’reigned supreme and they have certainly worked their way back into the mainstream. They have performed with Tim Mcgraw and Taylor Swift.  They have also appeared on Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen, Dancing With the Stars and even made an appearance on The Celebrity Apprentice.  There are now about to release Mirrorball, a live album including three new tracks.  They have been asked many times about a live album and now finally it comes to light for the first time in their 30 plus years as a band.  It contains most of their hits and I am looking forwarding to hearing how it will all sound.  I am hoping with summer fast approaching that it will be a fun one to pop on when spending those warm evenings on the deck.  Included with this is a DVD containing concert and backstage footage.

I had the opportunity to see Def Leppard perform live twice, and was disappointed neither time.  I planned on touching down in Toronto some time this summer and noticed that Def Leppard were stopping there on their summer tour with supporting act Heart.  However, I opted out and decided to travel there when Motley Crue, Poison and The New York Dolls roll in on their summer tour.  


Back in the day (during my formable years) I also listened to Motley Crue and Poison religiously and continue to follow the careers of both.  I hesitate to mention that I even have tickets.  Plans, sometimes, someway, find a way to fall apart.  However, I have vowed not to become a pessimist and have my tickets for the big show.  This should be rock spectacle times 10.  It is being billed as Motley Crue’s 30th anniversary tour and Poison’s 25th.  Nikki Sixx keeps hyping the tour on his Twitter feed and he is making it sound like it is going to be a dandy.  Motley Crue actually had an online poll open for a while allowing fans to vote on their setlist.  I am hoping for a lot of the hits and standards with a few obscure ones thrown in since this is my first ever Crue show.  I do think it is a very cool idea to allow fans to have some direct input on the songs they will play.  Assuming everything works out and I am in Toronto for the show on June 28th  (optimistic optimistic) I will post detailed concert thoughts right here!

Stayed tuned!! 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Def Leppard live twice too and was not disappointed with either show. An official live album should be cool, I got a live CD with the deluxe edition of Pyromania and thought it was really good. I haven't seen Motley Crue or Poison, that show sounds like it's gonna be great! - Mr Mike

    ReplyDelete