Sunday 26 June 2011

It's almost show time!

Well folks I am off for a brief vacation touching down in Canada’s largest city, Toronto. During my brief stay I will be taking in a major league baseball game watching my favourite Toronto Blue Jays take on the Pittsburgh Pirates.  And although I always welcome any opportunity to attend and enjoy a major league sporting event, more importantly I will also be taking in the New York Dolls, Poison and Motley Crue.

On an earlier post back on the (Original) Rock Brigade Blog I talked about the element of surprise being gone from concert events.  I find it hard not to snoop around Youtube or online concert reviews and as a result you can really get a feel for the whole show before you even get there.  It’s no trouble to find a setlist, what songs are turned into acoustic numbers, opening and close out tunes and any other surprises the event may have in store.

This time around I have purposely resisted all temptation to snoop.  And it’s been tough.  The boys from Motley Crue and Brett Michaels from Poison hit their Twitter accounts heavily with reviews, photos and other tidbits of information.  I want to experience this concert like I did in days before the Internet.  I want to be as surprised as I can be when I attend this show.

Assuming my plans go as planned I’ll be back after my trip to share the experiences with you all.  Until then – enjoy yourselves, summer is here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment