Friday 1 July 2011

Happy Canada Day!!



Sipping an early morning coffee on July 1st, Canada Day.  I flew home yesterday evening after spending most of the week in Toronto, Ontario.  I have much to write about including the rock and roll circus that was the New York Dolls, Poison and Motley Crue.  If you like the rock and roll spectacle type of show (which I do!), then this was that to the max.  I am going to write about each band’s performance separately and hope to do so in the next few days.

For now it’s off for some cool beverages and bbqing to celebrate this country’s birthday.  In honour of Canada here is a list of some of my own personal favourite Canadian acts:

Rush (prog rockers have been together over 30 years, currently on tour and I still haven’t seen them)
The Guess Who (one of the first Canadian bands to strike it big outside of the country)
Blue Rodeo (bit of rock, country and folk blended together, this band is a household name in Canada)
Great Big Sea (folk/rock band makes infectious music, great vocal harmonies and one put off one of the most energetic live performances I have ever seen)
Neil Young (Canadian legend needs know introduction)
Our Lady Peace (formed in the early nineties this band has been putting out strong releases ever since)
The Tragically Hip (One of my all time favourites, read more thoughts about them clicking here on the (Original) Rock Brigade Blog)

Happy Canada Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment