Sunday 17 July 2011

More Van Halen Fun!

As a follow up to my last post, I thought I would have a bit more fun with this whole ultimate Van Halen concert with Extreme as the opening act fantasy thing (see blog entry below).  I put together a set list for what I have called the Best of Both Worlds tour (which was actually the name of one of their greatest hits packages, but seems to be the ideal name for this tour).  I have kept in mind the playing order and all.  I tried to be realistic with the number of songs, 24 in all including the encore.  Probably predictable for the most part with some of my own personal favorites thrown in, but here it is!  What would you do differently?

Extreme Setlist
Decadence Dance
Rest in Peace
Play with Me
Stop the World
More than Words
Hole Hearted
Get the Funk Out


Van Halen Set One (with David Lee Roth)
Unchained
Running with the Devil
Ain’t Talking about Love
And the Cradle Will Rock
Janie’s Crying
Guitar Solo/Eruption
I’ll Wait
Drum solo and then a lead in to…
Hot for Teacher
Panama
Jump

Van Halen Set Two (with Sammy Hagar)
Good Enough
Pound Cake
Why Can’t This be Love
Summer Nights
5150
Standing on top of the World
Cabo Wabo
Finish What You Started
Can’t Stop Loving You
Right Now

Encore
Gary:  Without You
Dave:  Dance the Night Away
Sammy:  Best of Both Worlds
All Three:  Melody including You Really Got Me/Ice Cream Man/Oh Pretty Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment