Monday 18 January 2016

The weekend that was: Lucero and Star Wars



I have been thoroughly enjoying the southern rock sounds of the band Lucero as of late.  The latest release, titled All a Man Should Do, has quickly become a favorite of all the new music I have listened to from 2015.  The album overall has a mellow feel to it, but all tunes are catchy, and they stick with me as lead singer Ben Nichols' scratchy voice takes us through the record. I liked this album after the first listen.  But the more I played it, the more I liked it and began to appreciate it. 

I am new to this band and did not know a lot about them until recently. Actually, I still don’t know a lot about them apart from a few Google searches as I listened to this one off and on over the weekend.  I am disappointed to learn that they have 11 albums out and I am only discovering them now.  I definitely plan on checking out some earlier releases and if anyone has a recommendation of where to start please send it along.



Apart from a recent road trip and listening to Lucero over this past weekend I finally got out to see the new Star Wars movie.  I went reluctantly. It’s not that I didn’t want to see it.  I felt that I just wasn’t in the mood.  Star Wars, Star Wars blah blah blah is all I have heard about lately. When I got there and the movie started it was a different story.  It was great fun for sure!  It was definitely a throw back in feel and storyline to the old Star Wars movies that anyone around my age grew up with.  I was glad I went and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


It’s just after 6:00 a.m. in my part of the world and this coffee has the force awakened in me to take on this week.  Time to get it started. Hope you have a good one! Be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment